Sunday, January 10, 2010

Welcome Home

Happy Birthday Dad (first and foremost!)
He is 59 this very day and heading off to India for the next two weeks.  Honestly, I'm a bit nervous and I am not normally that way.  Pray for him if you read this... just a short prayer for safety :)! Thanks

Well, I'm back and ready to kick off the new semester.  I'm beginning with a new mindset and a bit more of experience.  I feel refreshed and very ready for a new semester of learning and growth in many aspects of my life.

Last night was super encouraging. I had Chipotle to set the tone, but then was able to catch up a bit with Morgan Sutter a friend from Costa Rica that just transferred here and then hang out with some friends watching the Cowboys game during which I spent my time getting caught up on some important events that took place in the life of a friend.  It was just great!


I got trained on the new Joes equipment and took 7 espresso shots. ah. Yea i paid for that at 3am this morning when i couldn't sleep.  But overall, such a fun night.  After the game we raided 7/11 for slurpies. I didn't get one, but the results were similar to my 7 shot high. haha Lots of funny statements and sadly most surrounded by twitter (horrible).

Then today I went to a strategy meeting for the Painted Door and out to lunch with Denise and Ro which as always was fantastic.  Honestly, it was just such a blessing to come back to and be apart of for the first couple days back in Chicago.

And I have a room set up and settled in just the way I want.  Yea there is a few missing pieces here and there, but its great to have my own bed and what not.  I am so very thankful. 

So tomorrow the cycle begins.  New classes, new people, new goals, new projects, the whole kit and caboodle.  To go along with that, a new lifestyle. I'm beginning to start up my working out routine and healthy eating too like what I had in Costa Rica.  Honoring God with my body.  Not that I haven't been in the past, but let's just say I slacked a bit during break, so I'm ready for a jump start in that area.
Well, its an early morning for me and devotions are still needing to be done!

Goodnight!

No comments: