Monday, January 25, 2010

God's Favor

Man, God is great.
Isn't that just a phrase at which we can sigh at relief. phew!
God is good to us.
The one who made this world, who made us, is good to us.  Does he have to be. No!
I think sometimes I just assume God has to be good to us. It is in his nature.  But he doesn't have to be.  First of all, he could have been an evil God, but he is not.  Second of all, I rebelled, so he could have stayed mad and angry, but he didn't.  Third,  he not only forgives, but he puts his favor on me for reasons i have NO idea.

Why me?  What did I do to deserve such favor before God? -nothing. That is the clincher.  God is just so good. Let me tell you why.

Yesterday my phone screen shattered. Yes, completely my fault, but in God's graciousness, the man fixed the 220$ problem for free.  Praise God.  Back up an hour or so walking to the store, God and i were having a little chat.  I knew it was my fault.  I had dropped the phone. I had been careless with something valuable. I deserved to pay the price for the phone.  But I gave it to God and said, "God i know I deserve this consequence.  I deserve to pay for this phone, but if for some reason, or somehow it is free, whatever the cost is for that phone will be yours.  I want to give you that money. I will not be dishonest in doing so though"  After talking with the mac genius, it was set. I owed 219.40 for the phone and he asked if there was any damage to the data or phone any internal problems. There wasn't and I responded likewise.  But then a look came in his eyes and he looked at me and pointed at the phone and said oooh, you see this crack?? I looked and said umm, no i don't.  Well, he continued, showed his friend, and his friend winked at me and said oh i see it don't you.  I really didn't and wasn't about to lie to get a free phone.  But then he flat out and said it. Well, there is a tiny crack beginning to form, which I can account to internal damage even though it hasn't begun or something of the sorts.  Ultimately, he told me by the end, there isn't anything wrong, but I'm going to give you grace.  From that point I was able to tell him about my prayer to God and giving the money to someone and brighten his day, knowing that he would be also the reason for someone benefiting from that money.  He was a Christian too.  Praise God for him, and Praise God for his grace.  Just a big way he showed his love today.

Not to mention, 40 day chain of fasting began today :)! Praise God.  I got to recruit 2 more people to jump on board with us as well. Praise God again.  I did well on all my quizzes.  Praise God.  I'm feeling better. Praise God.  Finally got to work things out with a friend that had a lingering confusion. PRAISE God.  Man, what a blessing today has been.  God you are so gracious and merciful to me.  You lavish your love on me and why? I have no idea.  Why me?  I have done nothing spectacular. I have no special talents, but yet you just pour out yourself to me! praise your

No comments: