Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A fresh start

Day one. New classes, new room, many new friends, a fresh start. I'm ready

Today was a great day. It brought mixed emotions though. I felt so great, but twice I was almost at the point of tears. I'll start with the great things though:

1. Started the morning with a workout. Always great
2. Was asked after work to begin training for another part of joes. I would be doing a lot of the stocking and buying the supply stuff. This is a lot
More responsibility, but a challenge which I always enjoy. Also it was just encouraging o know that they trust me and see potential and that I really am eager to put 100% in to the job.
3. I got a phone call or actually I returned his call an got to talk with nick stapleton for a solid chink of time. It is always encouraging to hear how god is wrking and through him and his ministry. I always leave the discussion blessed and challenged in some way. I am very thankful for him and that we can catch up every once and awhile.
4. Classes were great
5. Made some new friends
6. Go another phone call from a friend just telling me she had been burdened all this week to pray for me and just spent some time encouraing me. It meant a lot just knowing she was thinking and peayig for me. I always love prayer :)
7. And! I was so blessed ot begin a small group with a few girls From the launch team at painted door. We get alig great and it is exactly what I need. God is really working even just relationships with those girls which is so encouraging. Not only that, but we are going to study my favorite topic. How to put the biblical role of women into today's society whether in home church school relationships leadership etc. I am actually doing my research paper on this and am so excited about it. I would love to be doing this exact this 15 years from now. Teaching women what God has called our roles to be in society today. Cuz honestly it isn't right, and this I believe is one of the reasons our society is taking a downward spiral.

Well now the tear jerking moments. Nothing speificalky happened, but God just has been talking to me. He is telling me I need to let go. No pretending, no tryig to fake god out, or half way. I need to surrender completely a few things that I've been holding onto. I am scared I know it will hurt, but ultimately when I give everything over to christ I will be truly satisfied in him. Only he knows the bigger picture the bigger plan, and me wanting the control of this area is holding
me back. For 10 years I held on and gripped tightly even just the glimmer of hope that was instore with it, but god wants all of it, complete and utter surrender to his will. Then in christ alone
My hope will be found. he is my strength.
So this is what I'm learning through the people in my life, circumstances, etc. Oh man it will be hard and it's so scary so hard so painful so everything blah. But god is faithful :) and gracious, and loving, and good, and trustworthy
He is..

I know he is.

No comments: