Friday, January 8, 2010

Moody Semester 2

Ready or not, here it comes.
In just 48+ hours I will be hittin the sack, preparing myself for another bright start to a new semester at Moody Bible Institute.  As I pack up the clothes and things at home and prepare to head back to school, I begin to think of the things that happened this past semester: the blessings, the temptations, the discouragement, the fun, etc.  Before I begin this next semester I wanted to spend a moment highlighting a few of the moments at Moody thus far.

Moment #1: Move-in day
     *I learned I would be tripled with two people I was so excited to live with! The excitement was high. Here I was at the place I never dreamed I would be.  Ready and eager for the adventure to begin, not knowing what exactly to expect.


Moment #2: FYT bonding
     *Our cohort was crazy close and fun! From the retreat, to fun classtime discussions, we really connected and were able to really bond throughout the semester even creating our own lunch table :)! It willl be sad not having most of my classes with all those great people!

Moment #3: Cubs game
      *Free cubs tickets that I got to go with Nick Stapleton and mi padre.  Enough said! It was great!


Moment #4: Bed Bugs #1,2,& 3
       *One of the many challenges this past semester was never being settled.  I started out in a room with MJ and Kristin on 7N, but a month in was moved to Jenkins with Kristin because of bed bugs.  After about a month there I moved back into my room for a week, but sure enough got them again.  I was finally moved to 8N with a girl named Nikki.  It was stressful having to wash all my clothes over and over.  Honestly, I wanted to be settled, but I never felt that way.  I didn't have a bed that was really *my bed*.  It kept me relying on the Lord for my strength let's put it that way.

Moment #5: Joes
      *I knew going into school I needed a job.  Luckily early on I found a small catering job, that well wasn't super enjoyable, but was a job.  About 2 months into the semester I was called over to Joes by a girl I had met during the summer briefly named Haley.  She told me that they were needing a person to fill a spot at Joes coffee and asked me to fill out an application.  The next day I had an interview and the following MOnday I began training.  What an absolute blessing!! God's grace was so evident! That job really got me through some tough stuff that went on during the semester.  I love going to work and am looking forward to beginning again next week :)!


There have been many defining great and not-so-great moments, but I know for sure this is where God wants me.  I am learning and constantly being challenged to figure out who I am and who God has called me to be.  Each day he gives me new opportunities to choose him over my selfishness and over the temptations of the world.  Moody is such a humbling place.  I have always been the leader, always been the "spiritual" one, the ministry girl, but at Moody everyone is.  It isn't about making a name for yourself.  It isn't about standing out.
It is not about being somebody, but knowing somebody

So now, I am beginning again.  What do I want to do differently? How will this semester look different than the last?
     *Listen: w/o selfish intentions, w/o preparing what I will say after they finish, w/o interrupting, w/o distraction Proverbs 12:15 "Fools think their own way is right, but the wise listen to others" 
     *Praise: for it is through magnifying God's glory that our joy is made complete.  In anything and everything I do, may I seek to praise God. Psalm 86:12 "I will praise thee, O Lord my God, with my whole heart; and i will glorify your name forevermore"
    *Fear Him: Tremble at his word.  Fear the Lord.  This is the beginning of all wisdom. Live not for the fear of man, but of God in whom all things were created. Isaiah 66:2 "My hands have made both heaven and earth; they and everything in them are mine. I, the Lord, have spoken! I will bless those who have humble and contrite hearts, who tremble at my Word



There are so many more things that I need to work on, but these three are a few of the big ones I see a need for in my life at this point.  Not sure what God has planned for this semester, but I know it will be different.  Last semester I went in to it for me, but its not about me.  It's about him, all about him.  My worth and happiness aren't built upon the knowledge I have, the people I know, the name I make for myself, or the classes I take.  It is rooted and grounded in the Lord who will never leave nor forsake me.

Gracias Dios
por lo que soy,
por la mujer que me has creado ser
por la universidad donde tengo la oportunidad aprender y crecer en mi conocimiento de tu
tu eres mi padre,
mi amor,
mi esperanza

solo tu dios, solo tu puedes ofrecerme una esperanza.
solo tu me das satissfaccion

te doy mi vida,
te doy mis planes,
mis aspiraciones,
mis debilidades

conformame a su imagen,
preparame para la calle que voy a caminar,
dame paciencia
te confio y
te amo


No comments: