Friday, July 11, 2008

Matthew 25

Matthew 25:35-36
"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in.  I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me"

The real sacrifice is the time, property, and ease we give to others.  

Jesus says that these people will inherit the kingdom of heaven.  

The real question as I read this is How am I doing this? Where do I give generously?
Would Christ say to me come blessed one for you have given to me. 

I think its so important that I look at everyone as jesus.  Would I say to Jesus go up and get your drink yourself. Or no you can't have a piece of my lunch.  NO! I would give 100% to him and whatever I do now God will honor me for in the end.

*****Side note.  It just hit me. I am leaving. I am going away for a year. I am leaving my home and family, my friends, my job, my sercurity, my country, my language, everything.  And finally Chris and I have figured out our feelings for each other and  where our relationship is going and now we have to leave each other.  He has been gone for a week and a feel like its been years. I miss him loads. I'm just nervous and not ready and not wanting to go. I want to stay here and go to college like every other kid my age. :( I'm nervous. So far away, away from my friends and family.  I'm so scared. God please comfort me and give me a sense of peace. I know this is where you want me and you have a lot to teach me.

No comments: