Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Matthew 24

Matthew 24:42

"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come"

Do I think it is coming soon?
YES

I was talking to someone and they were telling me that int he next few years the Bible will have been translated into every tribal language known to man, meaning every nation will have heard the gospel.  This is just one of the many signs it is coming.

We don't know when though and therefore we must be ready. The passage goes on to talk about a homeowner who knows that a burgler is comign to his home.  Does he fall asleep and let the burgler go unnoticed? NO
He is prepared and on his guard for the minute the burgler comes.  

In the same way we must be prepared for Christ. 
Am i ready?????
Would Christ say you have done well good and faithful servant??
Would I be able to take on the burgler?

What does it mean to take watch? or be prepared?
-know the scriptures
-following Christ wholeheartedly
-evangelizing
-discipling
-growing
-solid focus on Christ

BE ON GUARD CHRISTY! 

God,
Only you know when that time will come. I pray I can be ready. I  pray I will use the little time I have hear on earth to show your love and help others prepare for your return.  

No comments: