Friday, July 4, 2008

Matthew 22:1-14

Parable of the Wedding Banquet
Matthew 22:14
"For many are invited, but few are chosen"

in the Bible of Basic English (wondering if this is even a real type of bible or just a commentary bible it says this verse as

"for out of all to whom the good news has come, only a small number will get salvation"


I thought this was interesting because a few friends and I have been looking into these type of verses which call us chosen.  

This passage leads toward the election side of the matter to me saying that God has gotten the word out and people know, but he has only chosen a few to share in his marvelous glory or banquet in this case.  He has elected us for this position. We ourselves did not choose but God himself chose us. 

That statement there then can lead to the discussion of freewill (do we have any then) or is it sovereign election.  It can also lead to questions as to why was I chosen? Was is based on foreknowledge or God's own decision? Those kind of questiosn are great discussion but the main point to receieve from this vs is right as it says.

We are significant! God CHOSE us.  We deserve nothing and yet he picked us to have a relationship with Him. We are precious in his sight; handpicked.

Remember in like 5th grade when team captains were chosen for a game. Well say you are awful at the game, but one guy genuinely picks you first out of everyone. How do you respond? upset; give up attitude??? NO, you do your absolute best to help the team, to do your part. So, as chosen followers, we must do our best to support our team to give it all to God. No I'm not good at this so I'm going to quit talking.  We perservere, we encourage, we love, we forgive, we screw up and get up again, we're on God's team.

God,
Lately I have been thinking about this matter a lot. I am so humbled by your mercy and your decision to chose me for your team.  God out of the 6 billion people in this world you looked at me and said yes, I chose her.  Thank you God; thank you from the bottom of my heart.  May my life be a reflection of you.




No comments: