Sunday, July 6, 2008

Matthew 22:15-46

Paying the Imperial Tax to Caesar
vs 16b "You aren't swayed by others, because you pay no attention to who they are".

-doesn't matter if you are rich, poor, beautiful, unbeautiful, etc.  Don't be swayed by someone for acceptance.  Jesus didn't and we shouldn't either.  It doesn't matter in the kingdom of heaven.


THey first ask "Is is right to pay the imperial tax to Caesar or not?"
v19-21 "Show me the coin used for paying the tax.  They brought him a denarius, and he asked them, " whose image is this?" Caesar's they replied.  Then he said to them, "give back to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's"

-WHAT IS GODS???
-my blessings
-my abilities
-my gifts
-my friendships
-my home
-my job
-my heart, my soul, mind, and strength
-my life, the whole kit and caboodle

God doesn't care about the worldy possessions we have, but what we do with our life and how we give back the blessings he gives us.  He didn't give us the things we have for no reason, but did so with a purpose so that we might give Him the glory he deserves. To give God what is God's we must offer up our entire lives as living sacrifices to Him who created us.  We are His children; we are His every aspect of our lives.  Live for the things that really matter. 


God,
I desire to serve you, but God I don't want to give 80%.  Iwant to offer up my entire life.  If there is any way I am not offering myself wholly up to you, please reveal it now so I can give my life to you completely and understand taht fullness you promised to us in John 10:10.  Your love is extravagant and you have given me so many blessings that I have no reason to deserve.  you are worthy to be praised. May I live my life completely and utterly for you.


No comments: