Saturday, March 5, 2011

Grace

God's is so faithful.
A few weeks ago I sat on the train, contemplating my life, connecting the dots.
Some have said:
           "don't over-analyze" or "enjoy life, don't live in the past"
But, this isn't how I am thinking at all...
When I think over my life, it is more of a praise, time or rejuvenation, or a point of vulnerability where I allow the Lord to search my heart.

A friend once asked me,
            "Christy, how have you seen God pursue you"
this question has haunted me and it wasn't until this train ride that I saw his PASSIONATE pursuit of me, his perfect timing, and patient love.

As I began to recall my senior year, I relived a few ups and downs, but rested on a particular night, the night when the Lord had allowed me to run long enough. I was on the path to my own destruction, treading deeper into murky waters, losing sight of my first love. Yet, that night, in a powerful way he made himself known to me. He put his foot down and said "no more". I was His. I was running away, I had rejected him, betrayed him, and forgotten him, but he remained.  His overwhelming favor, his undeserved grace, his steadfast love, he pursued me.  The time was right. His grace was sufficient. His plan perfect.

The Lord is at work. He watches over his own and I am his chosen one. Even when I turned my back on him, he had not abandoned me.  His impeccable timing saved me from utter destruction and he did so that profoundly demonstrated his presence in even the darkest places.  Grace, undeserved, yet richly given. 

As tears rolled down my cheeks on that train I couldn't help but praise the Lord, for his love endures forever.

1 comment:

Kailin said...

So glad to see you writing again. I've missed reading your beautiful words. What a Savior we have!