Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Creative love

Tomorrow night I am hoping to go spend the night with a friend and have "craft night".
I LOVE having craft night with her because she gives me ideas that i can copy :) and watch her do. 
So, tonight I was surfing Google to find some blogs and various crafty ideas hoping to contribute, and know what to buy at the store. 

Then it dawned on me. I really struggle with coming up with creative handmade things, yet i LOVE them so much. My favorite things to have are those that are handmade, such as handmade journals, scrapbooks, and accessories. Seriously, even just thinking that someone would make me something "crafty" and "artsy" gets me excited. 

This year 2 friends made me "artsy" journals and i CHERISHED them. I love them so much. Then, a friend made me a vase that is decorated with tissue paper and art and again i value it so much. Just recently another friend made me a scarf that I adore! 

People have bought me nice things from stores, yet to be honest, what speaks love to me is things that have taken time to make and thought has been put into it! 

God may not have created me to have the ideas and thoughts to create "crafty" and "artsy" things, but he did give me a mind that values it highly & when others let me appreciate that art everyday by giving me something they have put work into, man, I am so encouraged. 

Thank you Lord for gifting people with such talent and ability to see beauty and masterfully create. 
I am encouraged by them and see you through their beautiful work. 


No comments: