Sunday, June 15, 2008

Thankful

So tonight I am exhausted and not feeling up to par and just didn't have a great day.  I feel like I have reached my limit of how much my body can take.  I need sleep and rest. So tonight I am going to go through a list of some things i am thankful for in my life.

My computer-so that I can relate to friends, do these devotions, use the calendar, listen to music
My Bible-so that I can dive into the scriptures and grow 
My house-filled with memories and a warm bed that I can sleep in
My camera-captures the memories and friends i've made
My Christian friends-encourage me, challenge me, and worship with me
My non-christian friends- giving me opportuniteis to share Christ, challenging me to stand up for my faith
My mom- for being gracious and compassionate and always there when I just need to talk for making my dinner every night and cleaning up after me, giving me a prime example of a woman of God
My dad- for showing me exactly what it means to be a disciple of Christ, having passion and taking ministry to a new level, for being great with money, and providing me with all I need and many things I would like
My sister Julie-for being kind and such a role model to me, showing me exactly what I want to be like when i get older, listening to God, discipling others, relying on his power, she is phenominal
My sister Jamie- for showing me what it means to have inner and outer beauty, for her compassion and kindness to those of less fortunate, for being generous with time and finances to help others come to Christ
My church- providing a place where I have grown up and learned to love the Lord and found friends that I believe will last a lifetime
My jobs- flexible and offering good experience that will help later in life, also giving me money to give back to God and take some of the pressure off of my parents
My car- well not my car, but the cars we have, this enables me to drive to work and use when I need it, without it I'm not sure what i would do or wehre I would be
Sleep- allowing me to regenerate myself
My mentor girls and small group girls- challenging me to become a leader, learn new ways of studying the Bible, dig deeper, make new connections, and relate to younger students, love them
Hub volunteers- for their willingness to serve God and the students in the Hub
My coworkers- for putting up with me and being so kind and supportive of me even though I am young
my spiritual gifts- you have given me special gifts that have provided opportunities 
my talents- abilities and strengths that I enjoy and can meet new people and make memories


There are many many many more and Lord you know them,
but here are a few
Thank you Lord for your blessings


No comments: