Sunday, February 28, 2010

Old Writing: Ray of hope

La Cumbre-my ray of warmth
“The heavens declare the glory of God, the skies proclaim the work of his hands. Day after day they pour forth speech, night after night they display knowledge. They have no speech, they use no words, yet their voice goes out into all the earth, their words to the end of the world. In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun, which is like a bridegroom coming out from his chamber, like a champion rejoicing to run its course. It rises at one end of the heavens and makes its circuit to the other, nothing is deprived of its warmth.” Psalm 19:1-6

As I sit here reflecting on life, God, and how tired I am in the upper room of the hotel at la cumber, I feel cold. But there is hope, the moon has gone and the sun, though unseen, is lighting the skies. I sit here saying God what is it you want to say to me and teach me. Show me. When nothing significant comes to mind, I begin to bundle up with my blanket and drift off, feeling somewhat desolate and unsatisfied. Just as my mind begins to blur, I feel a sensation small at first, then gradually progressing into full on warmth and light. My life gets cold sometimes, whether I feel alone, whether I am just not growing, or im living in sin. I just sit with a blanket or nothing at all sulking in despair, wishing for something to just warm my nose. Then, after desiring and waiting, that ray comes and how glorious it feels. How perfect, how important, how joyful it is. Even after hard times in my life, God is that ray of hope. He is going to be there, he is just preparing me. That sounds strange but I believe hard times come for our sake. God wants us to realize how amazing his warmth and his light are. He wants us to rejoice when we see the sun peek out from above the mountains. The question is though, where am I? Am I in a room of windows eagerly searching, and patiently waiting for the light to come? Or am I hiding in a closed room feeling sorry for the situation I’m facing. God is there, he is faithful, just as the sun faithfully makes its way across the sky each morning. Are you prepared for what God is saying to you. Are you listening, and watching, and waiting? No worries, he is there. “Nothing is deprived of his warmth"

No comments: